Photobucket

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Highstreet Hitlist - Day Dresses

Finding the perfectly versatile dress for both day and night

Topshop


Topshop is usually my first stop for something designed ahead of other highstreet brands. For me, it can be pretty hit or miss with dresses as a lot of what they have look great on the hanger but just dont really suit my petite.5 frame. Nevertheless, when I hunt down that one dress, I wear it in several ways and it stays with me for a couple of years. I think these are the best of the bunch at the moment:

1. Boucle Sweater Dress - £38
2. Petite Contrast Sleeve Dress - £38
3. Bow Shirt Dress by Annie Greenabelle - £51
4. Knitted Tile Jacquard Dress - £15 (was £45)

Also check out the Speckle Roll Sleeve Mini Dresses, I'm eager to add the dark green one to my wardrobe!

Asos


We know Asos can be a one-stop-shop with hugely extensive ranges. But after you've sieved through hundreds of tops for that perfect one you didn't know you wanted until you found it, you can find some great designs at great prices. These dresses are super cute and can be worn both girly or a little more fierce:

5. Ganni Swing Dress - £89
6. Dahlia Denim Pinafore - £60








Urban Outfitters

Beware, UO can make you fall in love but crash hard once you look at the prices. For me, it's a little overpriced but the items are pretty much spot on trend. These two flirt with UO's rocky-ethnic theme.

7. Silence + Noise Slit Back Dress - £20 (was £55)
8. Staring At Stars Babydoll Elephant Dress - £52